Hi! Hope you guys are all are ready for the holidays - and the 2015 Elective!
I've included my prior email below for reference.
1) Arrival information. Please add your arrival information to this google doc and save it. If you are driving and looking for others from your area to carpool with please indicate that as well. We will need a couple people who are driving to arrive on Saturday to help with airport pick ups. Please let me know you can help out with that!
2) Payment. If you have not paid in full on the WMS website you need to that immediately. Please direct any payment questions to Teri@wms.org
3) Gear: You do not individually need all the gear that could be considered group gear on the list. (tent/ sleeping bag/ etc). Warm clothes however are key!
We will be going whitewater rafting and camping and possibly to hot springs the first Friday/ Saturday of the elective. So if you have wet suit/ dry suit/ paddling gear - please bring it! If not there will be plenty of loaner gear available.
4) Individual presentations. Each of you will be expected to do a 15 minute presentation on a wilderness medicine topic of your choice. This could be an area you have a lot of experience or would like to become an expert. I encourage you to try to make these hands on if possible. We will have 2-3 of these each day, starting on Monday. Examples include rescue knots, firestarting, NSAIDs in alititude, etc. Please list your topic on the travel spreadsheet.
5) Daily operations: In the past TK has been on the ground for the entire elective. This year your elective directors are all full time physicians in addition to coordinating the elective, so we will be splitting the time at CWW. This means you will have more of a role in the day to day operations of the elective. On the first day you will be divided into 4 groups and be ask to select a representative. Each group will then be responsible for a week of the elective. More specifics to come.
6) Calendar: I'm hoping to get a tentative calendar out to everyone in early January. We've got some stellar speaker and opportunities lined up for you. I think everyone will be very excited about our line up this year!
7) Please let me know any questions you have! Looking forward to it!